Campaigns that follow-up automatically
Requires nuevoMailer v.5+
While it is more evident and you have many options to follow-up (manually or automatically) with subscribers who click or open it is not so obvious how to follow-up automatically with those who don't take any action in a campaign.
How to do it
- Create a custom subscriber field like #Tag1
- Go Menu > Filters > Create new > Based on subscriber properties and do a search using this criterion:
Subscriber's #Tag1 does not contain action. The term action can be anything you want.
Click on "Search" and then create a new filter.
- Create a campaign that uses the above filter, the list(s), newsletter and other options you want.
- Go to your campaigns and put 1 or 2 triggers on this campaign, depending on whether you want to focus on clicks, views or both. The triggers should be like this:
Upon campaign click/view change the #Tag1 field value to action.
- Open your campaign again for editing.
You will make this campaign recurring. To repeat 2-3 times (using an end date).
The recurrence period and the end date determine how many times this campaign will run. So do some calculations.
- To make it even better from a marketing perspective, use a newsletter series. Use 2-3 different newsletters instead of the same.
- The first time it runs there are no subscribers having action in #Tag1. So it will include all.
For subscribers who open/click their #Tag1 field will change to action
So the next campaigns will only go to the subscribers who never clicked or opened. And this number will diminish with every run.
- After the cycle completes you will probably want to purge data in this field or re-use it. Go to your Custom subscriber fields, set this field as non-active and then at the bottom of the page click Purge data for non-active fields.
To follow-up with those who click or openIn this case you have many options such as:
- Use triggers that send individual emails on a personal basis (triggered emails).
- Create a follow-up campaign from your summary report.
- Create a follow-up list and a new campaign.